Highlights of BizCard Xpress’ Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD) – Part 1
- BizCard Xpress franchisees operate retail businesses which will provide extremely fast printing and sign services made available to the public in as little as one hour, and offers a complete array of business and promotional products and services (“Single Unit Franchise” or “BizCard Express Franchise”).
- BizCard Xpress regional developers (“Regional Developers”) market and provide support services to Single Unit Franchises in the Regional Developer’s designated area (“Regional Developer Franchise”).
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a new BizCard Xpress ranges from $108,846 to $189,475, including $77,546 to $119,475 that must be paid to the franchisor.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a BizCard Express Regional Developer Franchise without a pilot location ranges from $146,200 to $406,100, including $132,000 to $380,000 that must be paid to the franchisor.
- Regional Developers have the option to open a Single Unit Franchise (a “Pilot Location”) without paying an initial franchise fee if they sign a franchise agreement at the same time as the regional developer agreement.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a BizCard Xpress Regional Developer Franchise with a Pilot Location ranges from $216,046 to $595,575, including between $170,546 to $460,475 that must be paid to the franchisor.
Total Income, Total Cost of Goods Sold, Gross Profit, Total Expenses, and Net Income for BizCard Xpress Principal Locations
- This Item 19 presents information about revenue, expenses, and net income realized by three particular franchises (“Reporting Group”) during the period from August 1, 2010 until December 31, 2011 (“Reporting Period”).
- The franchisees represented in this Item 19 are all operated in the state of Florida and are all owned by the franchisor’s principals (the “Principal Locations”).
- Franchised outlets will share some of the same characteristics as the Principal Locations, including degree of competition, services or goods sold, and services supplied by the franchisor.
- None of the Principal Locations pay royalties.
- Because of the preceding factors, a franchised location will have higher expenses than the Principal Locations and therefore may not perform as well.
- There may be other costs and expenses not identified, and the costs and expenses of Principal Locations may differ from franchisee-owned locations.
- During the Reporting Period, there were a total of 6 BizCard Xpress Centers (including one affiliate-owned location). Of those six, only those Franchises in the Reporting Group were open for a full year or more as of December 31, 2011.