Highlights of Moe’s Southwest Grill’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD)
- Moe’s Southwest Grill restaurants are fast casual restaurants featuring fresh-Mex and Southwestern food products.
- As a condition of granting you a Moe’s Southwest Grill franchise, the company may also require you to purchase a Carvel Express franchise to operate inside the Moe’s Southwest Grill restaurant.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a Moe’s Southwest Grill franchise ranges from $450,615 to $768,843. The total investment estimate includes a $30,000 initial franchise fee that must be paid to the franchisor.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a Moe’s Southwest Grill franchise with a Carvel Express franchise inside it ranges from $485,715 to $840,403. The total investment estimate includes a $30,000 initial franchise fee that must be paid to the franchisor and a $7,500 initial franchise fee that must be paid to Carvel Corporation in connection with the Carvel Express franchise.
Profit and Loss Statement for Three-Year Group of Restaurants
- Below is a profit and loss statement (“P & L Statement”) for the calendar year 2011 (the “Period”) for Restaurants that have been open continuously for 3 years or more (“Three-Year Group”) and that provided the company with complete financial information for the full Period.
- There were 351 Restaurants that were in operation continuously for 3 years before the end of the Period. Of these 351 Restaurants, the company received complete financial information for the full Period from 148 Restaurants.
- Of the 148 Restaurants in the Three-Year Group, 63 Restaurants (or 42.3% of the Three-Year Group) attained or exceed the average Total Gross Sales in the table below.
- Two of the Restaurants reflected below had a Carvel Express Shoppe that operated in them for the period (one Carvel Express Shoppe opened in April 2010 and the other Carvel Express Shoppe opened in September 2010). The information in the P & L Statement includes the information for the operations of the two Carvel Express Shoppes discussed in the previous sentence.
- The data below for the Three-Year Group has been taken from financial reports submitted by franchisees. The company has not audited or verified these financial reports.