Highlights of VooDoo BBQ & Grill’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2011 FDD)
- The franchisee will operate a distinctive dining establishment (“Restaurant”) offering the sale of specialty lunch and dinner menu items consisting of a New Orleans and Caribbean-themed barbecue menu of pork, beef, and chicken plates and sandwiches, steaks, salads, specialty side items, and related beverages (including alcoholic beverages) for eat-in and take-away service and, where practical, catering and/or home-delivery and identified by the trade names “VooDoo BBQ” and either “VooDoo BBQ & Grill” or “VooDoo BBQ Xpress.”
- VooDoo BBQ Franchising, L.L.C. (“VooDoo”), a Louisiana corporation, offers all of these rights.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a VooDoo BBQ & Grill franchise is from $340,500 to $625,000. This includes $35,000 that must be paid to the franchisor or affiliate if you have never developed or operated a VooDoo BBQ & Grill Restaurant, or $28,000 if you currently own one or more VooDoo BBQ & Grill Restaurants.
Average Sales and Certain Critical Costs of VooDoo BBQ & Grill Restaurants
- The following statement represents the average periodic sales and certain critical costs during the company’s accounting year from December 28, 2009 through December 26, 2010, for 7 VooDoo BBQ & Grill Restaurants that operated throughout the entire accounting year, namely two Restaurants in Baton Rouge and one each in Denham Springs, Houma, Hammond, Mandeville, and New Orleans, Louisiana.
- The franchisor does not make any representations about a franchisee’s future financial performance or the past financial performance of VooDoo Xpress company-owned and franchised outlets, as opposed to the VooDoo BBQ & Grill locations described below.
- Four of those Restaurants were operated by franchisees throughout 2011.
- The franchisor’s affiliate transferred both locations in Baton Rouge to franchisees during the year.
- The franchisor’s affiliate operated the New Orleans location throughout the year.
- Because the franchisor monitors financial performance in thirteen 28 day periods and not on a monthly basis, the following presentation is the average for a 28 day, 4 week period.