This special FDD Talk series will highlight the financial performance representations of over 20 Children’s franchises, with a cross-analysis of the featured franchises to be published at the end of the series.
Highlights of Omega Learning’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD)
- The franchisee will operate a diagnostic testing and supplemental education center that provides individualized tutoring and assessment, standardized test preparation, and individually-tailored instructional programs and services to children and young adults.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of an Omega Learning Center franchise is $118,555 to $156,098. This includes $54,895 that must be paid to the franchisor or an affiliate.
Financial Performance of Brookstone Center
- The Brookstone Center is similar to the prototype for a franchised center. The company began operating the Brookstone Center in May 2005.
- “Tutor Fees” are the wages you pay your tutors. If you or one of your owners works as a tutor, you may reduce your Tutor Fees by approximately $21,120 per year. This reduction assumes that you work as a tutor for 40 hours per week, for 11 months of the year, and that your work offsets tutor wages of $12 an hour.
- In July 2009, the company expanded the Brookstone Center from 1,400 square feet to 2,800 square feet.