This special FDD Talk series will highlight the financial performance representations of over 20 Children’s franchises, with a cross-analysis of the featured franchises to be published at the end of the series.
Highlights of Learning Express’ Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD)
- The franchise offered is for the operation of a single retail toy store and children’s gift business (the “Local Store Franchise”).
- These revenue figures are of specific operations and should not be considered as the actual or potential sales or earnings figures which any other franchisee could realize. The company does not represent that any Local Store Franchisee can expect to attain these figures.
- In 2011, these Store Sales included Satellite and Holiday Locations.
- The company defines First Full Year as a store open at the same location for all of 2011, but not all of 2010, including Temporary Stores meeting the criteria for a First Full Year store.
- It is the nature of the toy industry where some year’s sales fluctuate dramatically year over year due to the availability of certain products that are in high demand by the consumer (fads, hot toys).
- Gross Profit Dollars is calculated by subtracting Cost of Goods from Gross Sales. Discounts provided by vendors and freight charges are not necessarily reflected in these figures.
- Of the 151 stores operating on December 31, 2011, the company had 37 multiple Store Owners operating 89 Stores in the system.
- The figures below were calculated based upon information reported to the company by franchisees in their monthly sales reports. These figures have not been audited.
- The figures below do not reflect the costs of sales, operating expenses, or other costs and expenses that must be deducted from gross revenue or gross receipt figures to obtain your net income or profit.