Highlights of Great Harvest Bread Company’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD) – Part 2
Section 4 – Great Harvest Bread Companies Average Monthly Sales for First-time Bakery Owners
- Section 4 represents average monthly Gross Sales reported by first time Great Harvest Bread Company owners that opened sometime during the period from December 2007 through November 2008, from December 2008 through November 2009, from December 2009 through November 2010, and from December 2010 through November 2011, even if the store was not open for the full 12-month period.
- The monthly averages include only full months as partial months are excluded. In addition, each of the four separate 12-month periods presented includes reported sales only for those stores opening within that specific 12-month period.
- The franchisor attributes the increase since 2008 to their new training and opening strategies. The most significant changes they made include:
- (i) They added and now require you to attend their bread school, where you learn their baking systems in a safe, no pressure environment, which has virtually eliminated quality issues in new bread companies and allows them at opening to work with your crew instead of fine-tuning your baking skills.
- and (ii) They recommend that new bread companies mirror older ones in menu selections and operating hours. They recommend that you open 6 days a week and offer cold sandwiches from the beginning, leaving Panini offerings, cinnamon rolls, and hard-crusted bread to be added at a later time.