Highlights of Just Salad’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD)
- The franchisee will operate one or more Just Salad businesses, each specializing in the sale of salads, wraps, soups, frozen yogurt (and related products and services) from a Just Salad restaurant.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a single Just Salad business is from $279,200 to $749,500 (not including real property), including $35,000 that must be paid to the franchisor or its affiliate.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation as an Area Franchisee is from $32,500 to $85,000, including $30,000 to $75,000 that must be paid to the franchisor (assuming, at the low end of the range, two and, at the high end of the range, five Just Salad businesses, although this is not a maximum), plus the total investment necessary to begin operation of each business developed.
Average Annual Sales for Company-Owned Just Salad Restaurants (6 units)
- This financial performance representation pertains to all 6 company-owned Just Salad restaurants that were operating in the United States as of December 31, 2011. As of the date of this disclosure document (March 1, 2012), there were no franchised Just Salad restaurants operating in the United States.
- The franchisor did not include its 2 franchised restaurants in this financial performance representation because they are located in Hong Kong, which is a market that is materially different from the market that you will operate in.
- The 6 company-owned restaurants operating in the United States as of December 31, 2011 range in size from 950 to 3,500 square feet.
- All 6 of the company-owned restaurants are located in New York City, which is a market that will likely be substantially different than the market you will operate in.