Highlights of Doc Popcorn’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD)
- Doc Popcorn Development, Inc., a Colorado corporation, is offering franchises for the operation of businesses that sell Doc Popcorn fresh natural popcorn and related items, including natural soft drinks, bottled waters, and other products developed by or for Doc Popcorn Development, Inc.
- Doc Popcorn products are sold from either fixed store fronts, non-traditional locations such as malls, airports, or business complexes, or from portable units placed at events that occur on a periodic basis or are held in special or temporary venues.
- 3 separate franchises are being offered under the Franchise Disclosure Document:
- A “Standard Franchise” enables you to own and operate 3 Doc Popcorn Poperating Units of any type in any combination.
- An “Empire Builder Franchise” enables you to own and operate 5 Doc Popcorn Poperating Units of any type in any combination.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a Doc Popcorn franchised business ranges from $70,000 to $184,050 for a Mobile Poperating Unit (increasing to $72,500 to $217,550 if you operate a Mobile Poperating Unit at a Permanent Site). This includes $57,000 to $106,500 that must be paid to the franchisor or its affiliate.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a Doc Popcorn franchised business ranges from $144,000 to $395,050 for a Fixed Poperating Unit. This includes $87,500 to $263,000 that must be paid to the franchisor or its affiliate.
Average Annual Retail Sales for Doc Popcorn Poperating Units for the Calendar Year 2011
- The following is a discussion of certain financial performance information for 12 Fixed Poperating Units and 4 Mobile Poperating Units, each of which has opened and been operating for a period of at least 9 consecutive weeks during 2011.
- Financial information for the remaining 13 Poperating Units opened and operating as of December 31, 2011 was unavailable, as such units had not been open and operating for a period of at least 9 consecutive weeks as of such date.
- The franchisor also did not include financial information for its 8 Poperating Units that operate in conjunction with an operating unit of Maui Wowi Franchising, Inc., which offers franchises to operate businesses that sell fresh Hawaiian beverages and related items, including fresh fruit smoothies, bottled waters, Hawaiian coffee and related espresso beverages, a variety of Hawaiian products, and other products developed by or for Maui Wowi Franchising, Inc., under the trademark Maui Wowi.
- Doc Popcorn and Maui Wowi are not affiliated companies.
- The franchisor also did not include information for the 3 Poperating Units owned by its founder, as such units do not pay Royalties, are permitted to sell other products, and use other channels of distribution not available to you or other franchisees.
- You may sell Doc Popcorn at prices that may be higher or lower than the price range of the selected franchisees’ operations.
- The financial performance figures do not reflect the costs of sales, operating expenses, or other costs or expenses that must be deducted from the gross revenues or gross sales figures to obtain your net income or profit.