(Ambrosio’s note: Welcome to FDD Talk 2.0, a more comprehensive version of our flagship content, featuring not only the Item 19 financial performance representations of select franchises, but their estimated initial investment, unit growth, and other key items of their 2012 FDD as well.)
Highlights of Einstein Bros. Bagels’ 2012 Franchise Disclosure Document – Part 2
- Einstein Bros. Bagels provides historical data relating to annual sales for franchised and company-owned Einstein Bros. Restaurants as well as certain types of expenses for company-owned and operated Einstein Bros. restaurants.
- A new franchisee’s individual results are likely to differ from the results shown in the following Sales Distribution and Cost Factors discussion.
- The sales and expense information that follows has been compiled using unaudited financial data from 23 franchised and 352 company-owned Einstein Bros. Bagels Restaurants (representing 100% of those restaurants that were open for the entire year during the company’s last fiscal year, which started on December 29, 2010 and ended on January 3, 2012).
- Einstein Bros. Bagels Restaurants open for less than the full year were not included. There were 16 company-owned Einstein Bros. Bagels Restaurants that were not included because they were not open long enough to generate the required data. Also not included was one company-owned Einstein Bros. Bagels Restaurant that was closed during the year due to relocation.
A. Sales Distribution
- This section organizes the information based on the sales volume of the 23 franchised and 352 company-owned Einstein Bros. Bagels Restaurants for the period that started on December 29, 2010 and ended on January 3, 2012.
- Net revenue includes all sales of food, beverages, and promotional items, but excludes all sales and service taxes, and the dollar amount of coupons, employee discounts, and other promotional discounts.
Annual Net Revenue Level during the 53-week period from December 29, 2010 to January 3, 2012