Ambrosio’s note: Welcome to FDD Talk 2.0, a more comprehensive version of our flagship content, featuring not only the Item 19 financial performance representations of select franchises, but their estimated initial investment, unit growth, and other key items of their 2012 FDD as well.)
Highlights of BrightStar Care’s 2012 Franchise Disclosure Document – Part 1
Estimated Initial Investment for a BrightStar Care Business
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $47,500 for the first 200,000 – 250,000 in population in your Protected Territory, plus $200 for each additional 1,000 individuals in your Protected Territory above 250,000.
- The initial franchise fee is non-refundable.
2. Leased Space for Agency: $2,000 – $6,320
- You will need approximately 250 – 800 sq. ft. of office space. This estimate includes rent for the first three months and a deposit of last month’s rent.
- If a landlord is paying for some of the improvements to the leased space, they may be amortizing that expense in the form of additional rent.
- The site is subject to BrightStar Care’s approval.
3. Furnishings: $1,500 – $3,000
- This includes 3 desks, 3 office chairs, 2 guest chairs, telephone equipment, pictures, curtains, and office supplies.
4. Computer Infrastructure Package: $3,500 – $5,500
- You will need 4 computers, including monitors and software, router and other network accessories, printer, scanner, and installation.
5. Signage: $300 – $1,000
- All signage is subject to BrightStar Care’s approval.
6. Marketing Materials: $2,500 – $4,000, plus shipping and handling
- Includes a 6 month supply of brochures and business cards. The higher estimate represents the amount California franchisees will pay as a result of certain California regulatory requirements.
7. Grand Opening Advertising: $1,500 – $2,000
8. Utility Deposits: $100 – $500
- This item includes utility deposits, telephone company deposits, electric and other energy company deposits.
9. Business Licenses and Home Health Agency License: $200 – $7,100
- State rules vary on medical and staffing licensure.