Ambrosio’s note: Welcome to FDD Talk 2.0, a more comprehensive version of our flagship content, featuring not only the Item 19 financial performance representations of select franchises, but their estimated initial investment, unit growth, and other key items of their 2012 FDD as well.)
Highlights of Painting with a Twist’s 2012 Franchise Disclosure Document – Part 1
Estimated Initial Investment for a Painting with a Twist Business
- The figures below are estimates of the complete investment in establishing your Painting with a Twist (PWAT) business and it is possible to significantly exceed these costs in any of the areas listed below.
- Your actual investment will depend upon many different factors like location, amount of space leased, amount of leasehold improvements, and your ability to efficiently manage and coordinate the construction and opening of your business.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $20,000
2. Real Estate Lease for Premises: $1,500 – $4,000
- Locations for PWAT units are typically within shopping strip centers and suburban shopping areas. Typically, you would lease an existing location in a shopping center or other freestanding building and remodel the location to conform to the current design specifications of PWAT.
- You may also purchase the land and build the facility yourself. The cost of land may vary dramatically depending upon a multitude of factors and it varies by city and region. PWAT has not included costs for land acquisition.
- For a typical PWAT unit, you must lease approximately 1,200 to 2,200 square feet of space. Lease payments for a typical PWAT unit usually range from $1,500 to $4,000 per month depending upon the size, location, and market demand for the property. The rate may be higher for regional mall sites or locations in high demand.
3. Construction and Equipment: $3,000
- PWAT will provide a complete list of equipment needs and specifications. PWAT estimates that the range given will also be enough to purchase the initial decor package and other miscellaneous equipment. The decor package and equipment must comply exactly with the designer and/or architectural plans specified by PWAT.
4. Opening Advertising: $2,000
5. Training Expenses: No charge for initial training of three managers
- PWAT provides instructors and instructional materials for up to three employees at no cost. However, you must arrange for your own transportation, lodging, and meals for yourself and for any costs incurred by associates. You or your manager must attend approximately five days of management training in Mandeville, Louisiana.
6. Travel and Living Expenses While Training: $1,000 – $3,000
- These costs will depend on the distance you must travel, the type of accommodations, the number of attendees, and any wages paid by you to the associates attending training. The costs listed include estimates for reasonably priced transportation, lodging, and meals for three people.
- The costs do not include wages paid for associates or employees attending training, local restaurants, or other attractions in the New Orleans area, which can significantly increase your costs and affect the quality of your training.