For the most up-to-date financial information, check out our latest FDD Talk post analyzing FASTSIGNS’ average revenues, expenses, and/or profits.
Highlights of FASTSIGNS’ Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2011 FDD) – Part 2
Average Yearly Gross Sales for FASTSIGNS Centers (2009)
- On December 31, 2009, there were 530 FASTSIGNS Centers open and in operation, of which 76 were international. 441 Centers were open and in continuous operation in the United States during the entire calendar year ending December 31, 2009. The analysis set forth below is based solely on the average yearly gross sales for those 441 Centers for 2009.
- Based on gross sales reported by the 441 Centers, the average gross sales for such Centers for the year ended December 31, 2009 was $508,628. For purposes of this analysis, gross sales includes cash and credit sales as well as any goods or services received by the franchisee in exchange for goods and services sold at the Center. Gross sales do not include sales or use taxes.
- Of the 441 Centers included in this analysis, 189 or 43% of the Centers reported gross sales above the average, ranging from $510,422 to $2,322,325, and 252 or 57% of the Centers reported gross sales below the average, ranging from $91,945 to $506,180. These figures include “Satellite Centers,” which are typically smaller Centers, without full production capabilities.
- The Centers in the top quartile (110 Centers) had average gross sales of $891,929 in 2009.
- Overall, the Centers included in this analysis reported gross sales in the following ranges for the year: