Highlights of Carl’s Jr.’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2011 FDD) – Part 1
- A Carl’s Jr. franchisee will operate either a quick service restaurant under the name Carl’s Jr., offering a limited menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner products, and featuring charbroiled hamburgers, 100% Black Angus Six Dollar Burgers, charbroiled chicken sandwiches, salads, hand-scooped ice cream shakes, soft drinks, and related food items (“Carl’s Jr. restaurant”) or a quick service restaurant under the names Carl’s Jr. and Green Burrito, featuring, in addition to the products previously mentioned, a limited menu of Mexican food products (“dual concept restaurant”).
- The total investment necessary to begin the operation of a newly-developed Carl’s Jr. restaurant ranges from approximately $1,156,000 to $1,847,000, while the total investment necessary to begin the operation of a new dual concept restaurant ranges from approximately $1,183,500 to $1,879,500.
Section I – Fiscal Year 2011 Financial Performance (Company-Operated Carl’s Jr. Restaurants and Company-Operated Dual Concept Restaurants)
- The following section represents the average Fiscal Year 2011 financial performance for the 416 company-operated Carl’s Jr. restaurants and company-operated dual concept restaurants that operated for all of Fiscal Year 2011.
- While there were 423 restaurants operating at the end of Fiscal Year 2011, seven restaurants have not been included since they did not operate for the entire fiscal year.
- Restaurants that did not operate for the entire fiscal year are excluded from the discussion below since either their financial results include incremental costs from opening the restaurant that are not typical of restaurants that had operated for the entire fiscal year or, due to seasonal fluctuations in sales, their annualized financial results may not reflect their actual financial results.
- Of the 416 restaurants represented below, 246 are dual concept restaurants and 170 are Carl’s Jr. restaurants.
Sales Greater Than $1.5M (133 restaurants)