Happy Fourth of July to all our friends in the States!
Highlights of Liberty Tax Service’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2011 FDD)
- This section contains information regarding the average federal income tax returns prepared or filed by Liberty Tax storefront franchised offices of franchisees who operated one office during the time period May 1, 2009 to April 30, 2010.
- During this time period, Liberty Tax had 3,217 franchised offices in the United States, and 979 of them met the characteristics for inclusion in this section.
- Excluded from these figures are offices which did not operate in storefront locations, such as kiosk or Kmart locations, and offices owned by franchisees with multiple offices in operation.
- Liberty Tax encourages its offices to offer free tax returns during tax season, primarily during the month of March and for select special events, such as offering a free return on President’s Day to every person whose last name is the same as that of a United States President. 20.1% of the returns done by offices included in the figures below were prepared free of charge in the hope of gaining future repeat or referral business.
- The average price of paid tax returns in the discussion below is $225.89. Free tax returns, as explained above, are not included when calculating this average.