Highlights of Jamba Juice’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2011 FDD)
Net Revenue of Traditional Jamba Juice Stores
- The franchisor-owned store information included in this section is based on reports of 326 Specified Traditional Stores that were owned and operated by Jamba Juice for the entire fiscal year 2010 (i.e. does not include stores sold to or acquired from franchisees) and had been opened and operating for more than one year as of December 28, 2010.
- The franchised store information included in this section is based on reports of 263 Specified Traditional Stores that were owned and operated by franchisees as of December 28, 2010, and had been opened and operating for more than one year as of December 28, 2010.
- Jamba Juice selected stores that were opened and operating for more than one year because, unlike other quick service, casual restaurants which open with higher initial “honeymoon period” revenue, Jamba Juice stores tend to open with lower sales volumes and build sales volumes over time, particularly in new markets.
- “Quartile” refers to the relative performance of Specified Stores. For example, the “1st Quartile” refers to the lowest 25% performing stores, based on net revenue, and so on.
- The Net Revenue listed below does not reflect the seasonality by which such revenue was generated; seasonality and the impact of inclement weather have significant impacts on the timing of revenue.
- Approximately 85% of the Specified Company Traditional Stores are located in California where Jamba Juice has a significant presence, which means that the Net Revenue figure below may not be indicative of Net Revenue outside of California. Approximately 81% of the Specified Franchise Traditional Stores are located outside of California.
- The median maturity (duration open and operating) of the Specified Company Traditional Stores and Specified Franchise Traditional Stores were 8.1 and 7.4 years, respectively.
Net Revenue of Traditional Stores – System Wide (589 Stores)