This is an estimate of the initial investment for a Massage Envy Spa from the period the spa opens for business through about 3 months of operations. Massage Envy relied on its franchisees who have been in operation since August of 2007 to compile these estimates. You should review these figures carefully with a business advisor before deciding to acquire the franchise.
- Initial franchise fee: $45,000. The initial franchise fee is $45,000 for your first Massage Envy Spa, and $35,000 for your second or subsequent franchise. If you qualify under the VetFran program, the initial franchise fee is $40,000 for your first Massage Envy Spa, and $32,000 for your second or subsequent franchise.
- Spa development package: $28,885 to $39,723. The spa development package includes: (i) most of your initial inventory (including massage and facial creams, oils, uniforms, Hot Stone equipment, and printed items); (ii) the furniture and fixtures for your business (including tables, chairs, desks, Spa room equipment, and other items); (iii) interior signage; and (iv) your office equipment (excluding computer hardware and software).
- Computer system: $27,000 to $36,800. This amount estimates your cost for the purchase and installation of your Dell computer system and related technological equipment. The low estimate assumes you will have 5 computers, and the high estimate assumes you will have 7 computers. This estimate also includes a configuration fee that must be paid to the computer supplier, as well as $15,000 to $22,000 for telecommunications (voice/internet), phone systems, sound equipment system, surveillance (audio/video system), sound masking system, overhead music, and messaging on hold.
- Security deposits: $5,000 to $7,000. This includes security deposits required by the landlord and utility companies.
- Three month’s rent: $15,000 to $50,000. This estimate presumes that you will be leasing the premises for your business. A typical Massage Envy Spa is located in a high end retail shopping center and ranges in size from 2,500 to 3,500 square feet. At least 4 of the facility’s massage rooms will be multi-purpose rooms for massage and facials.