Massage Envy Preliminary FDD Information
- Massage Envy Spas offer a membership program under which members, for a monthly fee, receive one massage or facial per month, and are entitled to receive additional services at reduced member rates. Non-members may also receive services at the higher standard rates.
- Since February of 2010, Massage Envy has offered franchises for Massage Envy Spas, traditional Massage Envy clinics, and Massage Envy regional developers. Traditional Massage Envy clinics are similar to Massage Envy Spas except they do not offer any spa services other than massage therapy. As of February 2011, Massage Envy is no longer offering franchises for traditional clinics, although it may do so in the future.
- A typical Massage Envy Spa is located in a high end retail shopping center and ranges in size from 2,500 to 3,500 square feet. At least 4 of the facility’s massage rooms will be multi-purpose rooms for massage and facials.
- Before opening the business, Massage Envy will train the franchisee and up to 3 managers on operating the Massage Envy Spa. The training will last approximately 5 days.
- The total estimated initial investment to open a Massage Envy Spa ranges from $351,985 to $568,623, inclusive of the $45,000 franchise fee.
- The Royalty Fee is 6% of gross sales while the required Marketing Fund Contribution is 2% of gross sales, both amounts payable weekly.
- At the end of 2011, Massage Envy had 740 franchised outlets open, compared to 655 one year before. Massage Envy has no corporate-owned locations.