This is an estimate of a Yogurtland franchisee’s initial investment from the period the store opens for business through about 3 months of operations.
- Initial franchise fee: $35,000
- Training fee per person for additional trainees: estimated amount to cover Yogurtland’s expenses. Yogurtland provides initial training at no additional charge for two persons responsible for store management. This training may be conducted at Yogurtland’s headquarters, an affiliate-owned location, a franchised location, or some other location the company may designate.
- Travel and living expenses while training: $500 to $6,000. The low estimate assumes you do not incur travel and lodging expenses for you or your manager during the initial training program. The high estimate assumes you and your manager incur travel and lodging expenses during training.
- Travel and living expenses for Yogurtland’s staff to provide on-site opening assistance for up to 5 days: $500 to $3,000. The low estimate assumes minimal travel expenses because your store is located near Yogurtland’s headquarters. The high estimate assumes Yogurtland’s staff incurs airfare and lodging costs during on-site opening assistance.
- Rent and lease deposit: $3,000 to $20,000. This estimate assumes rent for 3 months, security deposit, and last month’s rent. The typical Yogurtland store will be approximately 1,000 to 1,500 square feet. The high estimate assumes your store is in a high cost rental market such as on the Las Vegas strip or a major shopping mall.
- Utility deposits: $1,000 to $25,000. For telephone, Internet, gas, water, electricity, and other utility services. These amounts may be refundable.
- Leasehold improvements: $123,000 to $280,000. Refers to estimated labor cost for construction of tenant improvements for a new store. Amount depends on size and condition of the premises, the local cost of contract work, layout, and location of the store. The range is for the cost of reasonable renovation or leasehold improvements, and may be less if the lessor provides you a tenant improvement allowance.
- Signs (indoor and outdoor) and exterior branding: $5,500 to $22,000. The low estimate assumes minimal use of fixed (one exterior sign) and temporary (“coming soon” and “now open”) banner signage. You are required to install at least one exterior sign, one crest sign, and various sized interior graphics. Awnings are required, where allowed.
- Franchisor-supplied decor and other items: $2,000. For menu boards, POS light shields, Gemstar dispenser, topping bar label holders, yogurt flavor label holders, spoon dispenser, and syrup dispenser.