What is CHESTER’S?
1. CHESTER’S restaurants offer a special selection of menu items like bone-in chicken, chicken filet, chicken filet sandwiches, chicken tenders, and an assortment of side orders like fried potatoes, vegetables, biscuits, toast, and salads.
2. Almost all CHESTER’S restaurants are operated within a convenience store, supermarket, or travel plaza (a convenience store on an interstate or major highway that provides services to trucks, as well as gas to cars.) These CHESTER’S restaurants are referred to as “In-Store CHESTER’S restaurants”.
3. The company occasionally offers franchises for CHESTER’S restaurants in food court/strip mall locations and non-traditional locations such as sports arenas and stadiums. A typical CHESTER’S restaurant in a food court/strip mall location takes up about 1,200 square feet of space.
4. As of December 31, 2010, there were 505 franchised CHESTER’S restaurants open and operating in the United States, only 6 of which were operating in food court locations, strip malls, or other non-traditional locations.
5. CHESTER’S CHICKEN ON THE FLY is a smaller, self-service “grab ‘n go concept” that operates from a modular kiosk-type unit within existing space of a retail business. Its operations are not as expansive as those of a typical CHESTER’S restaurant.