What is Cheba Hut?
1. Cheba Hut is a quick service sandwich restaurant that features toasted submarine sandwiches, original sauces, salads, soups, chips, brownies, and other high quality food and beverage items in a fun, casual, and distinctive atmosphere.
2. While studying at Arizona State University and working part-time as a delivery driver, Scott Jennings, founder and CEO of Cheba Hut, noticed a severely underserved market for late night deliveries. Food that was delivered on campus usually lacked in quality. He also noticed that on most of his late night deliveries, his customers were inhaling! Putting the two together, Scott developed the Cheba Hut “Toasted” Subs concept and opened the first store near the ASU campus in 1998.
3. With its catchy tagline “Where the only thing fried is the occasional customer!,” Cheba Hut is clearly having fun with its counter culture theme.
4. Today, there are about 14 Cheba Hut restaurants located in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, California, and Iowa.
5. Cheba Hut encourages its operators to be themselves and bring their own personality and individuality to the concept.