What is BGR The Burger Joint?
1. Founded by Mark Bucher in 2008, BGR The Burger Joint is a fast casual restaurant franchise specializing in made-to-order gourmet burgers. This “better burger” franchise, with more than a dozen outlets across the nation, opened its first (affiliate-owned) restaurant in Bethesda, Maryland in May, 2008.
2. The ambiance at BGR screams rock n’ roll, with vintage rock band memorabilia on the walls, funky mosaic tabletops, and classic music videos playing on large flat screen TVs.
3. BGR’s commitment to using premium ingredients is evident in their use of only naturally raised and antibiotic-free grain-fed cattle, freshly-made buns delivered daily, and locally sourced tomatoes.
4. Their extensive menu features classic beef burgers, including notables like The Wellington made with roasted mushrooms, caramelized onions, mustard seed, mojo sauce, and blue cheese, alongside staples such as the Veggie, Turkey, Lamb, and Ahi Tuna burgers.
5. The famous 9 Pounder burger holds a special place on the menu as it was what inspired Mark to open a burger joint in the first place.
6. BGR also offers a nice selection of side dishes such as Yukon Gold and sweet potato fries, onion rings, and The Green Standard, grilled asparagus spears sprinkled with parmesan cheese. BGR’s signature shakes, including double chocolate, vanilla bean, and strawberry, add a sweet touch to the meal.