What is Retrofitness?
1. Retrofitness provides discount fitness programs in a specially designed format. Its business model is based on offering exercise/fitness training programs and related services to members for just $19.99 a month. Retrofitness is all about “More Fitness Less Money.”
2. A typical Retro Fitness outlet has 60-75 pieces of cardio equipment (with personal LCD TV screens), a Retro Movie Theatre, three different types of circuit training equipment, free weights, locker rooms, personal training, tanning, Retro Blends Smoothie Bar, on-demand group fitness, supplements, chiropractic services and more. Retrofitness offers equipment from industry leaders such as Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Intek, and more, including treadmills, recumbent bikes, steppers, and ellipticals.
3. The company has created a streamlined set of operations, so a franchisee can be an investor instead of an operator in the club. They’ve set up Retro University to train the in-club Manager so that he or she can oversee the day-to-day operations of the business.
4. Retrofitness boasts a unique mix of 80’s music and movies featured in its gyms. The Retro Theatre features a connoisseur’s collection of 80’s movies presented in a widescreen format.
5. A typical Retrofitness outlet is operated from a retail strip mall or light industrial/office park type location of approximately 11,000 square feet. All new sites must be a minimum of 8,000 square feet.