What is Saladworks?
1. Founded in 1986 in New Jersey, Saladworks is the nation’s first and largest fresh salad franchise concept. From a single location at the Cherry Hill Mall in south Jersey, Saladworks now operates around 100 franchise locations in 12 states. In addition to existing stores, the chain currently has more than 60 units in development across the country.
2. Saladworks locations offer a “fanatic’ly fresh” menu of flavorful salads with signature dressings, proprietary soups, Fusion focaccia and panini sandwiches. Saladworks’ varieties of signature salads all average less than 300 calories.
3. Saladworks’ same-store sales rose an average of 15 percent in September and October 2011 when compared with the same week in 2010. The company credits the jump in sales to the addition of combo meals to its menu, along with its current award-winning TV commercials.
4. In addition to the Saladworks restaurants being more profitable, there’s been an increase in franchise sales. Saladworks’ franchise sales revenues increased 169% from 2010-2011, the company stated in October 2011.
5. In 2012, Entrepreneur magazine named Saladworks the nation’s number one salad franchise for the fourth year in a row. It is consistently listed on QSR’s 10 Best Franchise Deals; Inc.’s 500/5000; and Philadelphia Business Journal’s Best Places to Work.