What is Flip Flop Shops?
1. Founded in 2004, Flip Flop Shops is North America’s first retail chain devoted exclusively to the hottest brands and latest styles of flip flops and sandals from big names such as REEF, Sanuk, Flojos, Quiksilver, Roxy, OluKai, and Cobian.
2. The recipient of the International Council of Shopping Centers’ prestigious “Hot Retailer Award,” Flip Flop Shops began franchising in January 2008.
3. The executive team boasts more than 50 years of franchise experience building and growing some of the world’s fastest-growing franchise concepts, category leaders and some of the world’s most well-known brands, including Cold Stone Creamery, Moe’s Southwest Grill and Nike.
4. Flip Flop Shops was recognized in the 2011 Inc. 500|5000 listing as the sixth fastest growing franchise and 12th fastest growing retailer in the nation. Entrepreneur magazine ranked the company No. 297 in its 33rd annual Franchise 500 list (2012), No. 14 in the “Top New” category — up 27 spots from 2011 — and No. 94 in the “Fastest-Growing” category.
5. The brand currently boasts more than 50 shops in operation and 70-plus in the development pipeline. The company’s global expansion strategy calls for 236 locations to open in select markets by 2013.