IHOP, the family restaurant chain best known for its world famous pancakes and affordable, everyday dining experience, recently opened the first IHOP Express in the Gaslamp District of San Diego, after testing the concept in university campuses and military bases.
As someone who is constantly looking for promising new franchise opportunities to feature, I’m super excited about this new fast casual concept. There are just so many things I find promising about IHOP Express:
2. There are several fun elements in the restaurants, like an interactive syrup bar and an open grill “flip kitchen,” which make the dining experience more entertaining.
3. Selections are ordered at a counter to be taken out or enjoyed in a comfortable seating area. This means lower labor costs than a traditional restaurant.
4. IHOP Express items are available in easy, portable portions, including Cup O’ Pancakes, IHOP’s famous fluffy buttermilk pancakes cooked and served in a cup and topped with strawberry banana, double blueberry or caramel apple, and flavorful Corn Cake Tacos with savory meat, shredded cheese and fresh salsa — perfect for consumers on the go. (I’m a big supporter of product innovation!)
6. Staying true to its roots, IHOP Express brings signature favorites like the Rooty Tooty Fresh ‘N Fruity and Bacon ‘N Beef Burgers to on-the-go diners in a fast, convenient way.
7. Smaller portions and lower price points make IHOP Express even more affordable than its parent.
8. As with all IHOP restaurants, food and beverages are prepared fresh to order, suggesting that food quality is not sacrificed for speed.
9. The IHOP Express name is powerful because it conveys strong ties with a well-loved brand and, at the same time, suggests that it is a concept for people on the go, who can now enjoy their favorite menu items in less time.
I’m not sure when IHOP will begin accepting franchise applications for IHOP Express, but this is a concept I will be monitoring with keen interest and high hopes.