What is ProTect Painters?
1. The ProTect Painters franchise opportunity is a home-based, residential and light commercial painting business with a modest initial investment and low overhead. Franchise owners manage the business and their crews do the painting.
2. ProTect Painters was founded in 1994 by Wayne Scherger, a veteran of the painting industry since 1981. In 2009, ProTect Painters was acquired by Service Brands International, the corporate parent of Molly Maid, Mr. Handyman, and 1-800-DryClean. In the first year under Service Brands, the number of franchise owners more than doubled.
3. The painting industry generates more than $40 billion in annual sales, but the category is still dominated by independent contractors.
- ProTect Painters’ proprietary Right Start training program will teach you everything you need to know to run a successful painting business, before you even sign your first client.
- Their national call center answers owners’ phones and schedules appointments.
- The company implemented a state-of-the-art, fully integrated, web-based technology system that has made franchise owners more productive and enhanced customer service.
- They developed a sales training program that has increased owners’ closing rates.
- ProTect Painters supports franchisees with local marketing through their proprietary Customer Acquisition Referrals & Sales (CARS) system.
5. The initial franchise fee of $14,900 comes with a money-back guarantee. Total estimated initial investment, including working capital, to start a ProTect Painters franchise is $99,100. Ongoing royalty fee is 7% of gross sales.