(Ambrosio’s note: My primary goal with this blog is to offer would-be entrepreneurs a variety of investment ideas to suit any budget. For some, investing in a franchise may not be feasible at this time because of financial constraints. But not to worry — there are many legitimate resources and tools out there that can help you start your own businesses and be wildly successful.
Commercial cleaning is one of those categories where an independent entrepreneur can compete head on with franchisees. Since this is not my area of expertise, I want to introduce you to Sam Rodman, who has over 20 years of commercial cleaning experience. He is the author of “Instant Office Cleaning Kit,” which is quickly turning out to be the most popular information product in this field.
If you end up purchasing a copy of Sam’s downloadable ebook through my affiliate link, Sam will send me a referral fee. This will help cover some of the costs of running the blog and will help the blog expand. As always, thank you for your support.)
1. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, over 35 billion dollars is spent every year in the United States on cleaning services in general, and over 11 billion dollars was spent last year on commercial cleaning services.
2. Office cleaning (or the so-called janitorial business) is a profitable, recession proof business.
3. There are many dollars of monthly office cleaning contracts waiting for you within a few miles of your home.
4. Because of the regular nature of the service provided, it’s a consistent source of repeat business.
5. Working part-time for a full-time income is typical in this business. Chances are you will never do it full-time because the entire business is handled in the part-time evening hours. Most offices close for the day at 5:00 p.m. The cleaning of the office can be done anytime after that.
6. The owner of the private cleaning service — the one who puts in the bid and gets the account — is paid a fixed amount of money every month. This steady income usually translates into around $75 per cleaning, for an average of one hour of work.
7. There is no special license or exam to take.
8. A big benefit of this business is that you can pretty much come and go on your own schedule. There is no specific time that you have to start work and you’re off work on the weekends, because all offices are generally closed then.
9. With only one or two accounts which are cleaned 5 evenings each week, you and one other person helping you can realistically work only a couple hours each evening and bring in 2 or 3 thousand dollars every month.
1. Sam Rodman has been in the office cleaning business for more than 20 years. As an employee, he worked hard for other people and was paid well for his services running a cleaning crew. He saw first hand the big profits being made in the office cleaning business and started his own back in 1992.
2. He realized that anyone can do the cleaning but the key is “getting the accounts.” He started with a spray bottle and a borrowed vacuum cleaner. After only the first few months of working for himself, he was bringing in $4,500 a month, and he was only working 4 hours part-time in the evenings Monday thru Friday to get it. That’s $54,000 per year, which was more money than he’d ever made.
3. Sam taught his friend Gerald Martin, who was unemployed at the time and had a family to support, the steps to getting his first office cleaning account. Three years later, from the knowledge he gained from Sam, Gerald was able to build a successful commercial cleaning business, employing 10 part-time people and bringing in over $400,000 a year.
4. Gerald attibutes his success to the service agreement and method that Sam gave him. He just did the same thing over and over again to get more business. Gerald says, “I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on how professional that service agreement is. It blows away the competition and always gives me the edge.”
5. Sam is sharing the exact same method he taught Gerald to help you build your own successful commercial cleaning business. Sam has put together an “Instant Office Cleaning Kit” and is making it available to the general public for just $37.97.
What’s Included in Sam Rodman’s Instant Office Cleaning Kit?
1. This kit describes practical, proven methods to start a commercial cleaning business from scratch. Its purpose is to provide you with the necessary guidance and materials that will help you obtain your own office cleaning accounts and the financial gain that comes with it. Many people have used the information contained in this kit to get their own cleaning service started.
2. Step-by-easy-step instructions. Sam’s instructions will help you get started risk free, totally from scratch or expand and upgrade your existing cleaning business with no additional costs.
3. Source of leads. Sam claims that his proven methods of getting leads will help you obtain more business than if you were running an expensive full-page advertisement in the phone book. Leads obtained using his methods are free and you’ll learn exactly what to do and how to do it.
4. Introduction letter. Sam’s introduction letter will help you leave a lasting impression and distinguish yourself from the competition. He says this letter in itself can actually get new business for you without doing any “selling”at all.
5. Professional Service Agreement (the bid). Sam is very proud of the professional service agreement that he has revised and polished through the years. He says, “It’s a proven job-winning service agreement like none other. It’s so effective, it was used by the Florida Power and Light company as a standard for cleaning contractors who want to bid on FPL buildings! This service agreement was inspired and developed with feedback from actual office managers themselves (the decision makers). This is what they want to see! It’s been revised, tested, and proven for over 15 years. This one document by itself is worth the price of the entire kit. It will give you a professional and competitive edge like nothing else!”
6. Bid follow-up letter. Mail this professional bid follow-up letter after your proposal or estimate is given to increase your chances of getting the job.
7. Reminder letter. This is an economical, effective way to keep your company name in front of customers and prospects.
8. A square ft. estimating chart: Have confidence and estimate like a seasoned professional with this handy estimating tool. All the calculations have been done for you. It’s very accurate and easy to use, Sam assures. No guesswork involved.
9. Prime customer categories, forms you can use, samples, and more! According to Sam, this (ready-to-use) forms and letters section in your kit is a $69 value by itself!
To learn more about Sam Rodman’s Instant Office Cleaning Kit, please click here.