15 Things You Need to Know About the Fresh Healthy Vending Franchise Opportunity
Fresh Healthy Vending Franchise Concept
1. Countless federal, state, and county health initiatives and wellness policies are driving companies to look for healthy alternatives via vending. Fresh Healthy Vending was developed to offer an extensive selection of fresh, organic, and all-natural snacks and drinks from vending machines. Fresh Healthy Vending franchisees receive brand new, health and safety regulated, state-of-the-art machines that hold over 350 items in a compact, energy efficient unit.
2. Fresh Healthy Vending has sourced the best machine manufacturer, coil configuration, cashless payment system, and remote monitoring program to create the ideal machine for any location. These state-of-the-art, dual climate, large capacity, energy efficient machines are shipped directly from the manufacturer under a full warranty and built exclusively for Fresh Healthy Vending according to health and safety regulations.
3. The machines accept coin, cash, debit cards, and credit cards resulting in higher sales volumes than accepting cash only. The remote monitoring software allows the franchisee to track daily sales from one’s computer and to create a variety of sales and product reports. The machines feature high impact, professionally branded graphics created to attract customers in all markets.
4. Fresh Healthy Vending handles the delivery and installation of each machine and provides a national technical support program for every market in the U.S.
Fresh Healthy Vending Site Selection
5. Fresh Healthy Vending secures the best available locations for the vending machines through an in-house location development team. Members of the team negotiate contracts with schools, hospitals, and businesses, subject to approval by the franchisees.
6. The corporate staff continues to source qualified locations in the franchisee’s area to help them grow their Fresh Healthy Vending business.
7. Franchisees have the potential to start generating revenue the first day that the machines are placed. Fresh Health Vending normally secures locations and delivers and installs the vending machines withing 90-120 days from the date the franchise agreement is signed.
8. Fresh Healthy Vending provides healthy vending menus, which are starting inventories of foods that have proven to sell well in different locations (e.g. middle school, high school, college, gym, shopping mall or business). However, the franchisee, as the owner of the machine, has the final say on the product selection and pricing.
9. Fresh Healthy Vending offers the most extensive online selection of healthy snacks and drinks that have proven to sell in healthy vending machines. The company works with a national network of delivery companies with warehouses all over the U.S. The orders are placed once a week and delivered within 2-5 days. There is a minimum order of $1,250, but shipping is free in the continental US.
Fresh Healthy Vending Franchise Costs
10. There are several franchise packages to choose from:
- The Bronze package includes 10 vending machines at a total cost of $110,000, plus a franchisee fee of $11,000 (non-exclusive territory).
- The Silver package includes 15 vending machines at a total cost of $162,500, plus a franchise fee of $15,000 (non-exclusive territory).
- The Gold package includes 20 vending machines at a total cost of $200,000, plus a franchise fee of $20,000 (exclusive territory).
- The Platinum package includes 30 vending machines at a total cost of $292,500, plus a franchise fee of $30,000 (exclusive territory).
11. There are no fees or profit share that is paid to Fresh Healthy Vending beyond the initial franchise fee. The company generates revenues from the sale of the vending machines, their services, and the food for the machines.
12. Ongoing expenses to consider are:
- Product cost: normally the product cost is about 50% of what each product sells for.
- Location profit share: This is normally 15% of the net proceeds, paid to the location on a monthly basis.
- Insurance for the machines: This is normally $6-$8 a month per machine.
- Remote monitoring/cashless payment system: The cost is $12 per month, per machine, plus a 5% transaction fee when someone uses a credit card. This is paid to a third party who handles all merchant services.
13. Fresh Healthy Vending has a variety of financing options based on the franchisee’s credit rating:
- SBA loans – the company has relationships with select preferred lenders
- Utilizing IRA or 401k retirements funds
- Conventional equipment leasing
- Working capital loans (credit score over 500 required)
14. Fresh Healthy Vending provides all of its franchisees with a 2-day training program at its corporate offices in San Diego, or alternatively, a franchise representative can provide the training in the franchisee’s territory. This training includes machine operation and maintenance, menu/product training, how to conduct a sampling event, nutritional guidelines, and workplace wellness training, and provides complete training manuals, videos, and continuing online support guides and updates. The company’s support team provides ongoing technical and warranty support, proven marketing strategies and tools, menu set-up, and inventory management.
15. The corporate staff prepares press releases to announce the arrival of the healthy vending program in the franchisee’s area.
Check out my blog post on another healthy vending opportunity, h.u.m.a.n healthy vending.