The Work at Home Woman, founded by Holly Reisem Hanna in 2009, is an award winning blog dedicated to helping women and moms fulfill their dreams of working at home and/or becoming self employed, while providing inspiration, motivation, and support. Holly recently put together a list of the top 10 home-based franchises for women.
I found the list quite interesting because a lot of the names included were unfamiliar to me (I’ve heard of Stroller Strides, Cruise Planners, Fetch Pet Care, and Coffee News — but the rest I’d never heard of). I love reading about new franchise concepts and business models, and this list is an excellent starting point for discovering new home-based franchise opportunities.
Here are the companies that made Holly’s list:
1. Stroller Strides – a home-based franchise that offers a total fitness program for moms and their babies.
2. Cruise Planners – a home-based franchise that offers cruise planning services to individuals.
3. Just Between Friends – a children’s and maternity consignment event franchise that operates a sale twice yearly.
4. Moms Corps – a staffing and recruitment company for moms, offering online job boards, events, services, and training.Fetch Pet Care – a home-based franchise that offers a variety of services to meet the various needs of pets and their owners including: daily small pet visits, private dog walks, in-home overnight sitting, day and evening care, private boarding, pet taxi services, home care, yard pet waste cleanup, medication for pets, and pet fitness care.
6. Cybertary – a home-based franchise that assists business owners with various administrative, technical, and social tasks.
7. Home Tutoring Business – offers one-on-one home tutoring to students.
8. Green Irene – provides both businesses and indviduals with eco-friendly consulting advice.
9. Décor and You – assists clients with decorating their home.
10. Coffee News – a weekly publication that is delivered to local cafes, restaurants, and businesses in the community.