I’m so excited to share with you the good news that the Franchise Chatter Forum is now open! When I decided to embark on this blogging adventure, my primary goal was to provide a venue for the franchise community to come together and talk. This blog is meant to be the starting point of that conversation but I don’t want it to end there. There is so much more we can learn from each other. The Franchise Chatter Forum was conceived with this in mind.
When I started researching franchises almost a decade ago, it was so difficult to find useful information about each opportunity aside from the carefully worded marketing materials supplied by the franchisor. Even today, with the proliferation of blogs and social media tools, it’s still not easy to get relevant information from people with actual first-hand knowledge of what’s really going on within each franchise system.
This forum will be our collective opportunity to ask questions and provide answers. This forum is open to all: franchisors, prospective and current franchisees, franchise consultants, vendors serving the franchise industry, and anyone interested in the franchise business.
What kind of questions do I personally want to ask? Here are a few:
- What are the typical profits of a Dunkin’ Donuts franchise?
- What factors do I need to consider when looking for a Jimmy John’s franchise location to increase my profit potential?
- How responsive and capable is the franchise corporate office of the Red Brick Pizza franchise?
- Are franchisees of the Yogurtland franchise happy with the profitability of their stores, particularly during the winter months?
- What can franchise owners of The UPS Store do to improve their profitability? What are the best practices of some of the most successful franchisees?
- What does the franchisor of Vanguard Cleaning Systems look for in prospective franchisees to increase their chances of success?
- What are the future plans of the Massage Envy franchise company with respect to additional product lines and expansion in new territories?
The possible questions are endless. But you get the picture, right?
Of course, there will be some ground rules (which I will specify in the forum) so that we can keep the forum fair, constructive, and helpful in building a thriving franchise community. This is not a place for bashing or negativity. I want this forum to be a source of solutions, good ideas, best practices, and constructive criticism so that we can all grow our respective businesses. This is not a place to vent or make personal attacks. There are other more appropriate venues to air grievances — the Franchise Chatter Forum is not one of them.
I chose the open source forum platform called Phpbb. I’m still trying to learn all its functionality, so please bear with me. But I’m reading all I can about managing online forums and I’m sure — with your help — this will be an enlightening and fun experience for all.
In order for this to be a healthy and vibrant community, I need your help in spreading the word about the Franchise Chatter Forum. Please share this with everyone you know who is currently involved in the franchise industry, thinking of joining the industry or just plain curious about the subject of franchising. The more people we can get to join the community, the more we can all learn and benefit.
See you at the Forum!