Highlights of Krispy Kreme’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD) – Part 2
- Table 4 presents information pertaining to all 27 company-owned Retail Factory Stores (i.e. Factory Stores without off-premises routes) that were in operation during the entire 12 month-period.
- Table 5 presents information pertaining to all 19 company-owned Hot Shop Stores that were in operation during the entire 12 month-period.
- Tables 4 and 5 present revenues, expense, and other information for each of the five quintiles (based upon revenues) of relevant company-owned Stores. Expense figures, Store EBITDAR, and Franchise EBITDAR are expressed as a percentage of revenues and reflect an average of the Stores in the respective quintile.
- The 27 Retail Factory Stores shown in Table 4 have been open for 12 months or greater and have sold goods and services only to retail customers for at least 12 months. These Stores do not include 2 company-owned stores that engaged in wholesale sales during part of the 12-month period ended February 3, 2013. This financial information has been extracted from the company’s audited books and records for the period indicated.
- Six of the stores described in Table 5 were originally Factory Stores and have been converted to Hot Shops. Eight of the Stores described in Table 5 are free-standing and 11 are located in end-caps or strip centers. All 19 Stores have been open for at least 12 months.
- Tables 4 and 5 are derived from the franchisor’s books and records used to prepare its financial statements which are audited by an independent accounting firm.
Table 4 – Fiscal Year Ended February 3, 2013 (53 Weeks), Company-Owned Retail Factory Stores (27 Total Stores)