Highlights of Tim Hortons Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- The following table describes the average Gross Sales in 2012 for all franchised Standard Shops that were open and operating for at least one year as of December 30, 2012.
- A Standard Shop is the typical Tim Hortons store. It produces, merchandises, and sells a variety of baked goods, such as donuts, cookies, muffins, tarts, as well as coffee and other beverages. Most Standard Shops also offer a variety of soups, chili, and sandwiches. The Standard Shops generally range in size from 1,000 to 3,080 square feet, and contain a seating area for customers. The Standard Shops also typically include a drive-thru facility.
- The table reflects the results of 432 franchised Standard Shops or 54.0% of all franchised Shops. The remaining franchised Shops were not included because they opened after January 1, 2012 (42) or they were not Standard Shops (326).
- In preparing this table, Tim Hortons relied on the data contained in the unaudited royalty reports submitted to it by its franchisees.
- As of December 30, 2012, 59.5% of the Tim Hortons System operated a Standard Shop, including 59.3% of franchised Shops and 100% of Tim Hortons-owned Shops.
- The information appearing in this table reflects the aggregate Gross Sales results of individualized Standard Shops. It should not be considered as the actual or probable sales results that will be realized by an franchisee or Shop.
- The information contained in the table should not be relied upon as representative of the Gross Sales of a Shop other than a Standard Shop.
Average Gross Sales in 2012 for All Franchised Standard Shops That Were Open and Operating for At Least One Year as of December 30, 2012