Highlights of Wingstop’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- This financial performance representation contains actual 2012 average annual net sales information for (1) all Wingstop Restaurants (both franchised and company-owned), (2) separately for all franchised Wingstop Restaurants, and (3) separately for all company-owned Wingstop Restaurants, in operation in the United States during the entire 2012 fiscal year.
- Wingstop defines net sales as receipts net of (that is, after deducting amounts for) sales tax, coupons/promotions, and voids.
- The average includes all Restaurants that were open during the entire 2012 Fiscal Year, even if their ownership changed during that time period.
- The total number of Restaurants included in this average was 481 (23 company-owned and 458 franchised). The 458 franchised Restaurants include one Restaurant in the Austin, Texas market that the company sold to a franchisee at the end of the 3rd quarter of 2012 and that operated as a franchised Restaurant through the remainder, and as of the end, of 2012.
- Average annual net sales are calculated by dividing total sales during the 2012 Fiscal Year for all Restaurants in the system that were open for operation during the entire 2012 Fiscal Year by the number of Restaurants that were open for operation during the entire 2012 Fiscal Year.
- Wingstop used the January 1, 2012 through December 29, 2012 time period because December 29, 2012 is the date on which it ended its 2012 Fiscal Year. The 2012 Fiscal Year contained 52 weeks.
- Wingstop obtained the net sales information for franchised Restaurants from weekly royalty reports submitted by franchisees and information polled from POS systems in the Restaurants. Wingstop has not independently audited this information.
- The franchised Restaurants that were open for operation during the entire 2012 Fiscal Year and whose average net sales are reported below are substantially similar to the Restaurant franchises Wingstop currently offers.
- The actual average annual net sales numbers reported below do not reflect the costs of sales, operating expenses, or other costs or expenses that must be deducted from the net sales figures to obtain your net income or profit.
- The actual net sales volumes of Wingstop Restaurants vary widely. Wingstop’s experience indicates that there are numerous factors affecting the sales of a particular Wingstop Restaurant, including: traffic count; accessibility and visibility of a site; the local marketplace and competition; general economic conditions; the franchisee’s management skill, experience, business acumen, and ability to promote and market Wingstop Restaurants effectively in the local market; and the degree of adherence to the company’s methods and procedures in operating the Restaurant.
Average Net Sales of All Wingstop Restaurants (Franchised and Company-Owned)
Learn How to Make a Safer, Smarter Franchise Investment - Click Here