Learn How to Make a Safer, Smarter Franchise Investment - Click Here
Highlights of Kolache Factory’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD) – Part 1
- The franchised business is a retail bakery cafe that sells an assortment of kolaches and complementary menu items under the Kolache Factory trade name.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a new Kolache Factory franchise ranges from $340,330 to $490,000, exclusive of real estate acquisition or lease costs. This includes $35,000 that must be paid to the franchisor or an affiliate.
- In addition, you will pay the franchisor $28,000 for your second and additional franchises.
Sales and Operating Profit (EBITDA) Information for Company-Owned Stores in Fiscal Years 2010 and 2011
- As of December 31, 2011, Kolache Factory, Inc. (“KFI”) was operating 18 Stores in the Houston, Texas market, 2 additional Stores in Texas outside of the Houston market, and 1 Store outside of the State of Texas (Indianapolis, Indiana).
- The following table presents sales and profit information (commonly called “EBITDA”) for the KFI Stores in fiscal years 2010 and 2011.
- The “High” designation presents the average EBITDA of the 4 Stores that achieved the highest sales and operating profit during those 2 years.
- The “Middle” designation presents the average EBITDA of the 4 Stores that achieved the next highest sales and operating profit during those 2 years.
- The “Low” designation presents the average EBITDA of 4 KFI Stores. The Low group contains a store that is open only Monday through Friday.
- The information in this section is derived from KFI’s audited statements, but itself is unaudited.