Highlights of Menchie’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD)
- The franchisor grants you the right to operate a Menchie’s store. Your store will offer for sale soft-serve frozen yogurt, ice cream, desserts, beverage items, and other related products.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of your store is from $242,317 to $496,792. This includes $43,114 that must be paid to the franchisor.
Sales Information for Franchised and Affiliate-Owned Menchie’s Stores
- This financial performance representation contains information for franchised and corporate-owned Menchie’s stores that were in operation for the entire 12-month period of January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 (the “Measurement Period”).
- As of December 31, 2011, there were 130 franchised and sub-franchised locations operating under the Menchie’s trademarks, and 5 affiliate-owned locations operating under the Menchie’s trademarks.
- Of the 130 franchised and sub-franchised locations operating under the Menchie’s trademarks, 54 were open and operating for the entire Measurement Period. The remaining 76 locations that were not open and operating for the entire Measurement Period are not included in this Item 19.
- Additionally, 5 of the franchised and sub-franchised locations that were open and operating during the Measurement Period are not included in this Item 19 due to operational issues and their inability to follow the Menchie’s system.
- All 5 affiliate-owned locations in operation as of December 31, 2011 are included in the section below.
- All of the franchisee and sub-franchisee information contained in this Item 19 was taken from information reported to the franchisor by the franchisees and sub-franchisees through the company’s electronic point-of-sale system.
- The section below outlines the number of franchised and affiliate-owned locations that achieved certain sales levels during the Measurement Period.