FDD Talk Daily: Average Gross Sales of Andy’s Frozen Custard Shops
Highlights of Andy’s Frozen Custard’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD)
- The franchise is to operate a store under the Andy’s Frozen Custard name that features frozen custard, other frozen dessert items, and other food and beverage products.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of an Andy’s Frozen Custard Store is $620,750 to $1,239,000. This includes $48,000 that must be paid to the franchisor or its affiliate.
- Included below are certain Gross Sales and Gross Profit Margin results for the 5 existing company-owned Andy’s Frozen Custard Stores that have operated for the full fiscal year ending December 31, 2011.
- These 5 Andy’s Frozen Custard Stores are operated by the franchisor’s affiliate, AFCI. Four of the Stores (Stores #1 through #4) are located in Springfield, Missouri and 1 of the Stores (Store #5) is located in Branson, Missouri. Store #1 opened in 1987; Store #2 opened in 1990; Store #3 opened in 1999; Store #4 opened in 2008; and Store #5 was acquired from a franchise in 2008. AFCI has developed brand awareness in both Springfield and Branson, Missouri. The stores the company is franchising will be located in other markets where there is not yet significant brand awareness.
Gross Sales, Cost of Goods Sold, and Gross Profit of Andy’s Frozen Custard Shops
- The information below was compiled from the internal, unaudited financial statements of AFCI for the calendar year ended December 31, 2011. These financial statements were not prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Cost of Goods Sold includes the costs of custard mix, cones, paper, plastic, toppings, beverages, and other items.
- The amounts described as Gross Profit are before operating expenses, such as wages, rent, utilities, interest, royalties, advertising, and other expenses.
To Access the Rest of This Article and Other Premium, Income-Enhancing Content, Subscribe Now or Log In.
Gain the Insider Information (and Actual Earnings Data) You Need to Make a Safe and Smart Franchise Investment. Click Here to Learn More.
the Insider Information (and Actual Earnings Data) You Need to Make a
Safe and Smart Franchise Investment - See more at:
- FDD Talk 2013: Gross Sales, Cost of Goods Sold, and Gross Profit for Affiliate-Owned Andy’s Frozen Custard Stores (2013 FDD)
- FDD Talk 2015: The Andy’s Frozen Custard Franchise Opportunity (Financial Performance Analysis, Estimated Costs, and Other Important Stuff You Need to Know)
- Franchise Costs: Detailed Estimates of Andy’s Frozen Custard Franchise Costs (2015 FDD)
- FDD Talk 2014: Our Latest Views on DQ (Dairy Queen) Treat’s Average Net Sales, COGS, Labor, and Manageable Profit
- FDD Talk 2014: Our Latest Views on Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers’ Average Sales, Cost of Sales, Labor Costs, and Other Expenses
- FDD Talk 2014: Our Latest Views on TCBY’s Average Unit Sales Volume for Self-Serve Stores