Highlights of Del Taco’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2012 FDD)
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a Del Taco franchise for each type of restaurant and location offered, excluding the cost to purchase or lease your real estate, but including initial fees of $46,700 to $47,500 (consisting of the $35,000 initial franchise fee, $10,000 promotional fee, and technical support costs which are estimated to range from $1,700 to $2,500) that you must pay to the franchisor, ranges as follows:
- Standard Prototype (56 seats): $997,700 to $1,535,500
- Expanded Prototype (72 seats): $1,082,700 to $1,620,500
- Conversion Prototype (47 seats): $772,700 to $1,207,500
- End Cap Prototype (44 seats): $797,700 to $1,132,500
- Inline Prototype (44 seats): $672,700 to $1,007,500
- The following amounts represent the average sales and operating expenses of all freestanding company-operated Del Taco restaurants for the 52 weeks ended January 3, 2012 and December 28, 2011 that the company has operated for at least one year.
- At the end of the company’s 2011 fiscal year, Del Taco had a total of 287 company-owned restaurants. Of those, 279 were freestanding restaurants, and 273 of which the company has operated for more than one year.
- In fiscal year 2011, of the 273 restaurants, 131 restaurants (48%) had sales in excess of $1,187,564 and 142 restaurants (52%) had sales less than the average. The restaurants operate in Arizona (3), California (235), Nevada (34), and Texas (1).
- In fiscal year 2010, of the 271 restaurants, 133 restaurants (49%) had sales in excess of $1,193,594 and 138 restaurants (51%) had sales less than the average. The restaurants operate in Arizona (4), California (234), and Nevada (33).
Average Sales and Operating Expenses of Del Taco’s Company-Owned Restaurants (2011 and 2010)
Learn How to Make a Safer, Smarter Franchise Investment - Click Here