Highlights of the Financial Performance Representations of Jack in the Box (2011 FDD, Item 19) – Part 1
- The discussion below represents the sales and operating figures of franchisee-operated Jack in the Box restaurants in the continental United States (i.e. excluding Hawaii) that were in operation for more than 360 days within the twelve-month period ended September 30, 2010, and were operated by the same franchisee(s) for that entire period.
- The figures for seven (7) of those restaurants were excluded because the franchisee did not submit complete financial information for that period.
- Eight hundred and eighty-six (886) restaurants are represented in the discussion below, comprising approximately 40% of all Jack in the Box restaurants, and 71% of franchised Jack in the Box restaurants as of September 30, 2010.
- The information below was prepared using financial information provided by franchisees. The franchisees’ financial information is not audited and may not have been prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Various categories of costs have been excluded from the financial calculations below. The excluded categories are: occupancy costs, depreciation and amortization, interest, income taxes, general and administrative expenses, officer compensation, and other income and expenses.
- You should consider that this information gives no weight to regional sales and cost variations. Sales and costs may differ widely from one geographic region to another. You must make your own investigation into the likely costs in your geographic area. You should also consider that sales and expenses vary from restaurant to restaurant.
Average Sales and Costs of Franchisee-Owned Restaurants in 5 Sales Ranges in the Continental U.S. (i.e. excluding Hawaii) for the 12-Month Period Ended September 30, 2010