Highlights of Denny’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2011 FDD) – Part 1
Section I – Operating Performance of Denny’s Company-Owned Restaurants
- This section presents the actual operating results with respect to sales and selected costs of 207 Denny’s restaurants owned and operated by the company in the United States during the twelve month period beginning December 31, 2009 and ending December 29, 2010, excluding only those restaurants which were open for only part of such period.
- Net sales represent all revenue derived from the restaurants, including all sales of food, goods, wares, merchandise, and all services made in, upon, or from the restaurants, including catering services, whether for cash, check, credit, or otherwise, without reserve or deduction for inability to collect the same.
- Net sales do not include rebates or refunds to customers or the amount of any sales taxes or other similar taxes that restaurants may be required to collect from customers to be paid to any federal, state, or local taxing authority.
- Denny’s is not able to provide similar information relating to Denny’s restaurants operated by franchisees because the company does not have reliable information relating to costs incurred by franchise operators.
- The 2010 average net sales of all Denny’s restaurants (including both franchised and corporate-owned restaurants) during the same twelve month period was $1,431,000. This figure excludes former company restaurants bought in 2010 and any restaurant that was open for only part of such period.
- The restaurants included in this discussion have been open for periods as short as one year and as long as 52 years. No restaurant has been open for less than twelve months.
- All dollar figures are in thousands.