Highlights of Edible Arrangements’ Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2011 FDD)
- Edible Arrangements businesses sell sculpted fruit floral arrangements, gift baskets made with fresh fruit, dipped fruit, fruit smoothies, fresh juices, fruit salads, and other fruit-related products.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of an Edible Arrangements business ranges from $148,248 to $285,218.
- This financial performance representation discloses the average gross sales of all Edible Arrangements businesses in the United States that were open and operating for 1 year or longer as of December 31, 2010. It does not include businesses that were not open for at least 1 year as of December 31, 2010, or that closed sometime during 2010, regardless of how long the business operated during 2010.
- The sample includes businesses operated by franchisees, as well as 4 businesses operated by the franchisor’s affiliates during a portion of the year ending December 31, 2010.
- As of December 31, 2010, there were 836 Edible Arrangements businesses open and operating in the United States (all 836 franchised). There were another 70 franchise agreements signed as of December 31, 2010 for businesses to be operated in the United States that were not yet open as of that date.
- Many franchises that were open and operating as of December 31, 2010 were in a core group of states. The greater the number of businesses operating in a state or other market, the greater the goodwill and public recognition of trademarks are likely to be. Positive goodwill and public recognition of trademarks likely will impact sales.
- For purposes of this section, Gross Sales is defined as gross receipts net of sales taxes.