Learn How to Make a Safer, Smarter Franchise Investment - Click Here
What is Marco’s Pizza?
1. Founded by Pasquale “Pat” Giammarco in 1978, Marco’s Pizza is committed to making authentic Italian pizza with fresh ingredients. Giammarco moved to the U.S. from Italy when he was nine years old and grew up working in his family’s pizzeria. He later embarked on a mission to make high quality pizza on a larger scale using a secret sauce recipe that he developed and refined with his father.
2. Giammarco established three standards in order to deliver the consistent levels of quality and freshness expected of Marco’s products: dough made fresh daily in each store; a proprietary sauce recipe that blends imported spices and three types of vine-ripened tomatoes; and an exclusive blend of three fresh cheeses (never frozen, unlike many pizza chains).
3. Marco’s menu has broadened to include hot sub sandwiches, salads and Cheezybread for carry-out and delivery.
4. The first Marco’s Pizza store opened in Toledo, OH in 1978. Gradually, stores opened throughout the Midwest and beyond. Today, there are more than 250 franchised and company-managed Marco’s Pizza stores in 18 states (Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Louisiana and Wisconsin) and the Bahamas.
5. Marco’s Pizza is the fastest-growing pizza company in the U.S. (based on the number of stores signed into development since 2007). More than 900 new Marco’s locations have been signed, which means the company will quadruple its store count in the coming years.
6. A typical Marco’s Pizza carry-out and delivery store requires 1200 to 1400 square feet of space. Stores with dining will require slightly more space depending on the number of seats.